5.14.2015

scribbles and crumbs

In the backyard, getting things labeled and organized for the yard sale, I said "Hey Tuck, I don't see your brother?"

He's over there holding that stick with the strings on the end.

"The what?  Where?  Oh, the mop!  That's a mop, you put the "head" or the end with rope in a bucket of soapy water and then push it across the floor."
Some other semi-noteworthy things the boys have said recently:

When I was a kid I went to the chocolate factory and a chocolate rabbit just caught my eye. 

Mom, I have something green with no ears and big eyes and a shell with flippers.  It’s a sea turtle!

Around the block: I bet I can win ya to the corner.

Ouch.  I stabbed my toe.

Mom, my great great great great great grandfather gave me this key.  And then he died.  He lived in a dark blue house and I loved him and I was sad when he died.  There was scary stuff in his old house, but he put it away when I visited him. 

A worm in his palm: Hey look, he’s spelling letters for me!

Mom, maybe try reading that sentence again.  Do you see the exciting mark at the end?  That means you need to use an excited voice.  

I can’t decide if I want to be in the sunshine or the sunshade.

Coming at him with the clippers: Well, I just took a haircut, so maybe you could trim my toenails next year? 

My bottom feels spicy. 

Mom, that steak came from a pig, that’s why it’s called pork steak.  And then people eat it.  Mom, you know that pig had an apple in his mouth at the tailgating party? That was funny. 

The sun is like a wheel, it’s round like a wheel and it spins. 

I don’t care about that.  

Feel free to guess who might have said what :)
And also, for the record: Despite the fact the boys didn't know what a mop was, I do clean our floors.  I use a steam mop, so it's doesn't look like the mop Tollie found outside.  They call the steam mop the hot fan vacuum because the canister part looks a little like a vacuum and because when Tuck was little we explained that it was dangerously hot, and not to get close.  It's been a hot fan vacuum ever since.

7 comments:

Kristy G said...

This one is my favorite:
Coming at him with the clippers: Well, I just took a haircut, so maybe you could trim my toenails next year?

I'm guessing Tollie said this.

I love all of the boys quotes. We try to write down funny things Logan says also, although it seems there are fewer each year. Kindergarten age is my favorite... enjoy!

Andy and Jenni said...

Yes Kristy, that was Tols. He keeps asking me when I'm going to take a haircut too. Guess I better get one scheduled...

We only have four days left of kindergarten this go round!

Andy and Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy and Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Poppy John said...

Jenni Baby,

Pretty cool! (Use your excited voice.)

L2A

The Wendels said...

I vote Tuck for the excited voice! And Tols with the spicy bottom.

Beth Ann said...

I may add spicy bottom to our descriptive repertoire! I like that better than "swamp butt" as mine like to say!